ADVENTURE PARK GEAR FULL SERVICE
- Product orders with instant response
- Warranty service
- General maintenance and repairs
- In-depth consultation
- Detailed training, both via phone and on-site
- Periodic and new staff training
- Multimedia support through videos and files
- Always friendly staff that actually enjoys their work
- We are a truly “green” company and adhere to the standards of a certified B-Corporation
- Having built true Adventure Parks for many years, we offer advice that goes beyond the choice of gear.
SMART BELAY WARRANTY, SERVICE, & RECERTIFICATION
SERVICE & CARE
- Due care and maintenance is essential. Perform daily, weekly, and monthly checks and keep the units clean. Once a year the units need a thorough service.
- During your Smart Belay’s annual service, the unit is completely disassembled, cleaned, and all damaged parts are replaced. It is then returned to you in refurbished condition. It’s also possible to detect and report improper use, which allows the owner and operator to take proper action and avoid future misuse.
- Every Smart belay comes with a two year warranty that starts after the purchase. Misuse, damage, and abrasion due to improper handling or extensive use is not covered (comparable to a car warranty agreement). The two year warranty is only valid if the required annual service is performed already after the first year. Any part that is replaced under warranty is automatically covered with a new warranty. We keep detailed logbooks on service dates, replacement parts and the overall condition. These files are also sent to EDELRID headquarters in Germany. Performing the annual service is as important as an oil change in your car, extending the life of your investment indefinitely.
- The annual recertification protects you from being held liable for gross negligence due to system failure. The Smart Belay has an impeccable track record in which the annual service plays a big part. The service includes a full PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) inspection, as required by the ACCT (Association of Challenge Course Technology) and other relevant organizations.
Located in upstate New York, our main Service Center provides fast turnarounds while maintaining strict quality assurance guidelines. We understand that each unit is directly tied to your revenue, but in order to avoid potential backlogs, we encourage you to send in your units right after your high season. There are several thousand units in use in the Americas that we service every year. We are extremely thankful for any logistical help by receiving the units several weeks before your opening day.
Unauthorized opening of a Smart Belay will void the warranty and any manufacturer liability.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SERVICE
1. Record the serial number(s) for your gear
2. Pack your gear neatly into a box - for Smart Belays, please wrap them in circle and stack them. If shipping large quantities please pack your smarts with a maximum of 12 smarts per box due to weight
3. Fill out the service form, online or by printing out the PDF, wait for confirmation email before you ship
4. Print out the service form and place one in the box(s) and keep one for your records
5. Ship to:
Adventure Park Gear
Attention to: Service Department
12913 State Route 22
Canaan, NY 12029
Phone: (518) 288-2921
OR FILL OUT OUR DIGITAL FORM BELOW, PLEASE INCLUDE A PHYSICAL COPY OF YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL WHEN YOU SEND US YOUR SMART BELAYS
*USE THIS FORM IF YOU NEED 10 SMART BELAYS OR LESS SERVICED.
FOR LARGER QUANTITIES SCROLL DOWN TO NEXT FORM
NOTE IF YOU NEED MORE THAN 10 SMART BELAYS SERVICED PLEASE USE THE EXTENDED FORM BELOW:
REPAIRS & PPE INSPECTION
SMART BELAY REPAIR
- We perform all necessary repairs on Smart Belays even if they have not been through the annual inspection process. The cost is determined by the unit’s condition, labor and parts needed. Having your unit repaired is easy. Simply send us an email beforehand and include a description of the problem with a confirmation that you will carry the basic inspection, reassembly and shipping fee, even if you would choose not to have the necessary repairs done.
PPE SERVICE & RECERTIFICATION
- We are fully trained and certified to perform all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) inspections in accordance with EWG, CE and EN requirements. In most cases, we will ask you to send the equipment for inspection to our facility. There may be instances where we perform the inspection on site for an extra charge.
After the inspection, we send you a report and certificate on all passing units. In the event your equipment does not pass, we return the gear with a detailed report. Please remember you may be able to get defective units repaired, depending on the manufacturer. With the exception of the Edelrid Smart Belays, we do not perform repairs or part replacements.
Often, during a required park inspection, the examiner will also review the safety gear that is in use. Please make sure that the inspector is familiar with the Smart Belay and qualified to certify only the outer PPE parts of the Smart Belay. We are the only licensed and authorized Edelrid Service/re-certification representatives in the Americas to open the Smart Belays.
A general PPE inspection qualification does not constitute a license to open a Smart Belay. Unauthorized opening of a Smart Belay will void the warranty and any manufacturer liability.